Bandai Namco has declared action RPG Sword Art Online: Last Recollection for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC (Steam). It will send off in 2023. It will uphold one player offline and up to four players online.
Sword Art Online: Last Recollection boasts a brand new, original storyline that explores what would have happened if Kirito, Eugeo, and their allies didn’t meet their tragic end in The War of the Underworld.
— 電撃オンライン (@dengekionline) November 6, 2022
Sword Art Online: Last Recollection
Sword Art Online: Last Recollection follows an unexpected path compared to the first Sword Art Online anime. As a matter of fact, the game’s story follow Kirito as he gets ready to take on the challenges of the Underworld War.
- In view of Sword Art Online’s “War of Underworld” anime arc segment, another story unfurls with extreme difficulties that anticipate our beloved hero Kirito, and his new companions.
- Players will expose the Dark Knight and find out assuming Kirito and the group will endure the persevering engagement against the powers of the Dark Territory!
It will also serve as a sequel to Sword Art Online Alicization Lycoris.
What do we know about Sword Art Online: Last Recollection?
New characters who didn’t appear in the first light novel or anime will highlight in the game, for example, Dorothy, who remains on a fracture between the Dark Territory (Underworld and the human world).
- The official press releases note how the game will “keep its acclaimed JRPG style and increment the “activity speed,” making battle with companions both smooth and stylish.
- Characters seem to have unique attacks and abilities that can be utilized to reverse the situation of the battle, yet we’ll probably see more ongoing interaction as we draw nearer to launch.
The Final Stress Test approaches and the fate of the Underworld hangs in the balance. As the Human Realm and the Dark Territory stand at the brink of war, can Kirito and his allies hope to save their digital world?#SWORDARTONLINE: Last Recollection launches in 2023!#SAOLR pic.twitter.com/ML76n0W77X
— Bandai Namco US (@BandaiNamcoUS) November 7, 2022
We additionally discover that the theme song will be performed by ReoNA, who has been the voice of numerous SAO melodies.
Characters and their voice actors
In addition to new characters, Last Recollection will have voice actors from the main series repeating their individual roles again. Those include:
Characters of the Real World
- Kirito – by Yoshitsugu Matsuoka
- Asuna – by Haruka Tomatsu
- Shinon – by Miyuki Sawashiro
- Leafa – by Ayana Taketatsu
Characters of Human Empire
- Alice – by Ai Kayano
- Eugeo – by Nobunaga Shimazaki
- Bercouli – by Junichi Suwabe
- Cardinal – by Sakura Tange
Characters of Dark Territory
- Shasta – by Hiroki Touchi
- Lipia – by Sayaka Senbongi
- Iskahn – by Taku Yashiro
- Dee Eye Ell – by Yuuko Kaida
The voice actors of Dorothy and Sarai are yet not revealed.
The game will feature dynamic lighting and new camera perspectives
This game will feature dynamic lighting and new camera perspectives. The developers have also added a variety of new gameplay elements, which include the ability to switch between third-person and first-person views at any time.
- You can only do this by pressing Square or R1 on your controller (depending on which one you’ve assigned).
- The game will include a variety of new enemies: some are humanoid while others resemble snakes or insects.
- All of them attack using swords and magic spells against players who happen upon them during exploration missions.
Sword Art Online Last Recollection is scheduled to release in 2023. The developers have yet to give a release window, yet we’ll probably hear more data in the months to come. Keeping its acclaimed JRPG style and speeding up, Sword Art Online Last Recollection will guarantee smooth coordination while playing with friends.
Be sure to check back here regularly for all the latest updates.
Crunchyroll currently is streaming the full Sword Art Online TV anime adaptation and depicts it as:
In the near future, a Virtual Reality Massive Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game (VRMMORPG) called Sword Art Online has been released where players control their avatars with their bodies using a piece of technology called: Nerve Gear. One day, players discover they cannot log out, as the game creator is holding them captive unless they reach the 100th floor of the game’s tower and defeat the final boss. However, if they die in the game, they die in real life. Their struggle for survival starts now…
That’s it then folks! make sure to share, and subscribe to our push notifications. Also keep yourself connected to our world of Gaming, News, Cinema, and Anime! You can also follow us on Twitter @spieltimes for the latest PS5 restock and drop. Stay Safe and Happy Gaming!