Netflix just released part two of the most anticipated Korean drama of 2023 earlier. The second season of The Glory was released on March 10, just a few months after the first one premiered on the same platform. Featuring famous Korean actress Song Hye-Kyo, The Glory became an instant hit and was immediately beloved by Kdrama fanatics. Although all 8 episodes of the second part were dropped altogether, fans of the thriller Kdrama are left wanting more. Despite a fantastic ending, is there going to be a season 3 for The Glory?
The Glory: Renewed or Cancelled?
Since the premiere of the second part, Netflix has not made any announcement regarding the future of The Glory. It’s one of the best Korean projects made by Netflix and the most anticipated show this year. It did gather positive praise and feedback. Moreover, the show season receives a 100% score from Rotten Tomatoes. Regardless of its popularity, The Glory might not get renewed.
Here is why we think “The Glory” will not be getting a third season:
- The director of the Kdrama (Ahn Gil-ho) specifically said during a GV event before part 2’s premiere that episode 16 will be “the most interesting” episode of them all. Further, he promised that he will be giving “a perfect ending” to the show.
- One of the main actors (Lee Do Hyun) will be serving in the Korean military, as mandated by the government.
- Korean dramas aren’t akin to continuing for a second season, let alone a third one. It’s not common for these shows to be renewed since most of them already complete the story in the first season.
- The back story of the character (Song Hye-Kyo) deserves its own show, maybe a spinoff or a prequel.
- Episode 16 may have already concluded The Glory’s plot. Dong Eun (Song Hye-Kyo) has already completed the pieces for his revenge plot. But, could there be more to it?
- The first and second parts of The Glory came out just 3 months apart from each other since they were filmed back-to-back. In addition, there were no reports of any production progress for part 3.
What “The Glory” Kdrama is all about
The Glory is a story revolving around a woman named Dong-eun, portrayed by award-winning Korean actress Song Hye-Kyo. During her high school days, Dong-eun dreamed of being a successful architect one day. However, she received heavy beating and bullying from some of her classmates. As a result, she dropped out of school.
Years later, things looked good for her perpetrators, but Dong-eun never forgot and forgave. The first part of the show revealed her revenge plot against her bullies while slowly building up their worst nightmare. In the second part, the main character is nearing the completion of her mission – to break them all.
The cast of this hit Korean drama series helmed by Kim Eun-sook is as follows:
- Song Hye-kyo as Dong-eun
- Lim Ji-yeon as Yeon-jin
- Kim Hieora as Sa-ra
- Jung Sung-il as Do-yeong
- Cha Joo-young as Hye-jeong
- Lee Do-hyun as Ju Yeo-jeong
- Park Sung-hoon as Jeon Jae-jun
- Kang Hyeon-nam as Yeom Hye-ran
However, there are other K-dramas you might want to look into this March 2023
There are numerous anticipated Korean shows coming this March and we have listed the other 4 best Kdramas you definitely need to watch this month:
- The Secret Romantic Guesthouse
- Delivery Man
- Divorce Attorney Shin
Are you one of the fans still rooting for a third part of Song Hye-Kyo as Dong-eun in The Glory? Feel free to share your thoughts in the comments below. For more content, stay with us, here at Spiel Times.
OTHER NEWS: Is Netflix renewing ‘Alchemy of Souls’ for season 3?
Make sure you subscribe to our push notifications. Stay posted and never miss an update from video games, cinema, and sports. Follow us on Twitter @spieltimes for the latest PS5 restock and drop. Until next time, Stay Safe and Happy Gaming!