Several news sites reported actress Anne Heche was hospitalized and in critical condition. Heche was driving her Mini Cooper at 10:55 AM through an apartment complex in Los Angeles when she crashed into a garage. It caused the vehicle to be engulfed in flames. The 53-year-old actress was rushed to the hospital with severe burns.
In a report from the Deadline, a Los Angeles Police Department spokesperson spoke about the accident. “The vehicle was heading east on Preston Way at a high rate of speed, entered the T intersection at Preston Way and Walgrove Ave, ran off the road, and collided with the residence in the 1700 block of Walgrove.”
The residential home also caught fire from the crash. Brian Humphrey of the Los Angeles Fire Department also told Deadline how they confined the fire. “Fifty-nine Firefighters took 65 minutes to access, confine and fully extinguish the stubborn flames within the heavily damaged structure.”
Fortunately, no other injuries were reported.
A source told CNN that Heche’s currently in a stable condition. “Anne is in the ICU, she’s lucky to be alive. She has severe burns and has a long recovery ahead. Her team and her family are still trying to process what led up to the crash.”
A possible case of drunk driving
An episode of her podcast “Better Together” was released hours before the crash. It is now removed from an Apple Podcast landing page.
In the podcast, the actress and her co-host, Heather Duffy, talked while drinking vodka and wine. Heche was also talking about having a ‘bad day.’ Unfortunately, there are still no reports of when the podcast was recorded.
“Today’s been a very unique day,” Heche says in the podcast. “I don’t know what happened, sometimes days just suck and I don’t know if you ever have them, but some days Mama says are … some days are those no good very bad days. And I don’t know why some days just end up like this, and things don’t really rock me like that.”
But Heche’s representative denied she was drunk before the crash. Her grave condition also prevented officials to test her for alcohol.
More about Anne Heche
- The actress used to date Ellen Degeneres before she married cameraman Coleman Laffoon and dating actor James Tupper. She also previously turned to alcohol and drugs as she dealt with sexual abuse from her father, Donald Heche.
- Substance abuse is something she had previously spoken about. Heche had publicly spoken about her substance abuse. In a report from ABC News in 2020,
“I drank. I smoked. I did drugs. I had sex with people. I did anything I could to get the shame out of my life,” she said.
- Nate Heche, her brother, was also not an exception to the sexual abuse. He died in a high-speed car crash which the actress believed to be suicide.
- Heche lost two other siblings. Susan, her oldest sister, died from brain cancer in 2006 and her sister Cynthia died in infancy. She has one surviving sister, Abigail, who was estranged from her mother for decades.
- The actress currently has two children, one with Laffoon and one with Tupper.
There is still no current confirmation whether the actress was under booze before the crash. But we wish for her speedy recovery.
For more content, stay with us, here at Spiel Times.
Make sure you subscribe to our push notifications. Stay posted and never miss an update from the world of video games, cinema, and sports. You can also follow us on Twitter @spieltimes for the latest PS5 restock and drop. Until next time, Stay Safe and Happy Gaming!