The lore trailer for Mineko’s Night Market just dropped and if this is your first time hearing about this game, don’t worry because we got you covered. Mineko’s Night Market is a new game that revolves around cats and Japanese culture. You’re in for a treat if you like either of those. In this article, we’ll give you all the information you need on Mineko’s Night Market, including what platforms the game is coming to and a brief explanation on its lore trailer.
What happened in the lore trailer of Mineko’s Night Market?
The trailer starts off with a narrator introducing to us a cat god named Nikko. According to the game’s lore, the cat god appeared at the top of Mount Fugu and literally bloomed from a sakura flower. From there, Nikko would start visiting the farms in the village where we can assume the narrator is from.
- As Nikko would bless the farms and produce bountiful crops for the villagers, the cat god ran into some trouble. The narrator would then proceed to tell us about what drove Nikko the cat god away.
- Some villagers became impatient and couldn’t stand to wait any longer for whatever blessing Nikko had for them. Because they felt jealous of the other villagers who already received blessings, they managed to drive Nikko away.
- Since then, the cat god has been banished from the land and is nowhere to be found. As time passed, the village grew into a bustling hub filled with people from all kinds of backgrounds.
We can't wait for you to get your paws on Mineko's Night Market on September 26, as you uncover the mysteries surrounding Mt. Fugu, open your own Night Market booth, and meet lots of adorable cats! https://t.co/sun0TToFjK
— Humble Games (@PlayHumbleGames) April 19, 2023
- Unfortunately, the story of Nikko has been washed away by the modernization of the land. As a result of this, almost all of the villagers have no idea about the story of the cat god and its involvement with the village all those years ago.
Mineko still believes in the power of magic, myth, and Nikko
The game’s main protagonist, Mineko, may seem like an outsider at first. However, she has set her mind on unearthing Nikko’s story and the magic that lies within the village. Although the village has a rich history and culture, the lore trailer for Mineko’s Night Market shows us men in black suits.
They appear to be causing trouble in the village as the narrator also hints at this in the trailer. According to the narrator, there are others who are “drawn to our village whose intentions may not be so pure”.
- If you’ve played Stardew Valley or Coral Island, then these guys are the equivalent of Joja Corporation or Pufferfish Drilling Corp. They appear to have the same goal in mind: exploit the village and its resources for their own profit.
- The men in black suits appear to be guarding something precious while also putting cats in cages. In Mineko’s Night Market, the villagers revere cats and see them as sacred beings.
- There are also scenes in the lore trailer where we see some of these men chasing after Mineko. It certainly looks like they’re stopping our lovely protagonist from learning the secrets and the truth of the village.
Platforms and Release Date for Mineko’s Night Market
Finally, after all these years of waiting, Mineko’s Night Market finally has a release date! Gamers can purchase this game on PC via Steam, Nintendo Switch, PS4, PS5, and Xbox One as it releases later this year. With the lore trailer having already dropped, gamers can add Mineko’s Night Market to their wish list on Steam or the Nintendo eShop. You can also add it to your wish lists on the Xbox One or PlayStation consoles.
Meowza Games is a small indie studio based in Canada. They have been developing and working on Mineko’s Night Market for as long as we can remember. Now that the game has an official release date, it looks like they’ve polished the game to deliver a very enjoyable experience to their fans.
Mineko's Night Market releasing Sept 26th pic.twitter.com/5uHGe8GKbt
— Wario64 (@Wario64) April 19, 2023
If you are looking for the next game you can chill out with, Mineko’s Night Market is worth checking out. Aside from the rich and heartwarming story, you’re also going to get a lot of cats! I mean, who doesn’t like cats, right?
Mineko’s Night Market releases on the PC and Nintendo Switch on September 26, 2023. As for the PlayStation and Xbox One versions, it releases two months later on October 26, 2023.
We hope this guide helped you in understanding more about the lore trailer for Mineko’s Night Market. Will you be checking the game out or are you waiting for other indie releases this year? Feel free to leave any thoughts you have in the comments below! For more content, stay with us, here at Spiel Times.
Make sure you subscribe to our push-notifications and never miss an update from the world of video games, cinema, and sports. You can also follow us on Twitter @spieltimes for the latest PS5 restock and drop. Until next time, Stay Safe and Happy Gaming!