Palkia is a Legendary Water- and Dragon-type Pokémon that was originally discovered in the Sinnoh region. After Dialga appeared in Pokémon Go, Palkia, the ruler of space has made a return to the game to battle players. In order to catch it, players need to defeat Palkia in a raid. Palkia is also available in a new shiny form, and players will have to battle and defeat as many Palkia as possible to increase the chances of catching a Shiny Palkia.
Palkia will be available in five-star raids where players can battle it alongside a group of trainers. With the Remote Raiding feature, it can be done wherever players want, and defeating Palkia will add it to the Pokédex. Defeating Palkia is going to take some powerful Pokémon by your side as well as a knowledge of its counters and weaknesses.
How To Defeat
- As water and dragon-type Pokémon Palkia will be weak against the dragon and fairy types. Players’ counters will also be weak to Palkia’s attacks, so it is necessary to be ready with Revives and Potions to make it to the end.
- BEST COUNTERS: Shadow Dragonite, Shadow Salamence, Shadow Gardevoir, Salamence, Dialga, Rayquaza, Zekrom, Togekiss, and Mega Charizard X.
- As Palkia’s Fast moves are both Dragon-type, bulky fairy-type such as Togekiss can receive the hit and build up their own Charged attacks.
- Among Palkia’s Charged moves, the water-type attacks will be resisted by dragon-type Pokémon; but the dragon-type attack Draco Meteor can cause a lot of damage.
- It is recommended that a team of five trainers at the minimum is used in battles against Palkia. However, if players are a solid group of high-level trainers with additional weather boosts or Best Friend bonuses, three trainers might be sufficient to defeat Palkia.
If you have any questions regarding Pokemon Go, feel free to ask in the comments below. For more content, stay with us, here at Spiel Times.
Make sure you subscribe to our push-notifications and never miss an update from the world of video games. Until next time, Stay Safe and Happy Gaming!