Pokemon: Scarlet and Violet introduce a lot of new Trainers and Pokemon for you to catch. Although it is open-world, you need to progress through the game’s main storyline to access other regions or encounter all-new Pokemon. If you’re checking out this guide, chances are you’re looking for any weakness you can use against Mabosstiff as well as how to beat Arven during the Path of Legends storyline in Pokemon: Scarlet and Violet. As always, we got you! You’re in safe hands here so keep reading to find out the best ways to defeat Mabosstiff and come out the better Trainer against Arven.
What is Mabosstiff’s weakness in Pokemon: Scarlet and Violet?
Mabosstiff is a Dark-type Pokemon you will most probably encounter in Scarlet and Violet when you fight against Arven. Before you try and beat the Arven-slash-Mabosstiff team, you should keep in mind that since it is a Dark-type Pokemon, some moves are useless against it.
- Do not bring a Pokemon that dishes out Psychic, Ghost, and Dark-type attacks. Mabosstiff will either be Immune or highly resistant to these attacks so plan your teams wisely!
- When you encounter Mabosstiff, he will be the final Pokemon on Arven’s team. To make the fight difficult, Arven will Terastallize the Dark-type Pokemon. When this happens, its attacks will dish out a higher amount of damage than normal.
- Another thing you can use to your advantage is the fact that Mabosstiff’s Sp. Defense is lower than its physical defense. That’s when you will want to focus and utilize your team’s Sp. Attacks to deal a good chunk of damage to its HP.
- Here are some Pokemon that are great damage dealers when you use their Sp. Attacks:
- Sylveon, Frosmoth, Florges, Volcarona, and Gardevoir
- Make sure to use Pokemon that can match or keep up with Mabosstiff’s speed. Pair its speed with its damage output and you’ve got yourself a very powerful Pokemon you’ll find difficulty defeating if you let your guard down for even a second.
This Dark-type Pokemon is weak against the following type of attacks:
Normally, you’d want to have Pokemon of these types. However, you can also opt to use other Pokemon as long as they have moves or attacks that can deal those kinds of attacks. You will find no difficulty in defeating Mabosstiff as long as you keep all these in mind and use Sp. Attacks against it.
How to beat Arven
Of course, you won’t be able to fight against Mabostiff if you aren’t facing off against Arven, one of the Trainers in Pokemon: Scarlet and Violet you meet at different times in your journey. At the end of the Path of Legends quest line, Arven challenges you to a fight where he brings out the best of the best in his collection.
Here are the Pokemon you go against during this encounter with Arven:
- Greedent – weak against Fighting-type moves
- Garganacl – weak against Fighting, Grass, Ground, Steel, and Water-type moves
- Scovillain – weak against Flying, Poison, and Rock-type moves
- Toedscreul – weak against Bug, Fire, Flying, and Ice-type moves
- Cloyster – weak against Electric, Fighting, Grass, and Rock-type moves
- Mabosstiff – weak against Bug, Fairy, and Fighting-type moves
Take note of their weaknesses so you won’t have a hard time dealing with Arven! After this fight, you can come across Arven after completing the story of Pokemon: Scarlet and Violet. He will be available to fight during the Academy Ace Tournament.
We hope this guide helped any Trainers defeat Arven and Mabosstiff in Pokemon: Scarlet and Violet! If you have other questions about other things related to Scarlet and Violet, let us know in the comments below. We’ll make sure to get back to you soon. Until then, stay with us here at Spiel Times for more content.